Sunday, November 08, 2009

Another shawl

So, yesterday started knitting another Boneyard Shawl. I know this is supposed to be a stash-busting project, but I got yarn just specially for it.

It all started with a trip to Crafty Planet to look for some yarn to knit socks for my FIL. I didn't find anything I liked, but since I had a 20% off coupon, I decided to buy something for myself. I got 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers in 9442. The yarn is very soft...it's odd, my label reads that it's Merino wool, but the website states that is highland wool, hmm. I got it in pink just in case I didn't feel like knitting something for myself.

















Anyways, I didn't find yarn for the socks, so I went to Joann's and found 2 balls of Moda Dea washable wool in brown. It was marked 7.99, a little too much for my budget, but I had 2 40% off coupons. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to the register and it turned out that that particular store doesn't carry that yarn, so it didn't come up in the register, so the lady grabbed a ball of yarn that she had on hand and applied the 40% off to that price. I ended up paying $2.99 per ball!

No comments: